Growing up their was always cameras around my house. My dad studied communications in school and than took a job at Canon cameras. From a very early age I became accustomed to having cameras, projectors and even editing equipment around. As children my brother and I would make little TV shows to show our parents and their friends. This ease of use seems to be one of the reasons that video as become such a force with-in activist art.
It's hard for me to imagine a word with-out the handi-cam and homemade video. Jesse Drew's description of the early days of video art is of great interest to me. The collective ideals of video are something that I know a little bit about. Having worked on a few small films, itbecomes evident that the amount of work that goes into them is too much for one person. I think this is one of the reasons that video art is such asocial activity.
Overall I found this article a little boring. I feel that he likes to name video artists but doesn't mention many particular projects they have worked on. It feels like he keeps dropping names. If I'd never heard of them I'd have been lost and in some instances I was.
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment